Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Handplanes of a different kind






Hand Planes of a different kind.
My Daily workhorse very modified stanley block plane. One inch cut off each end and the runner plate ground up heel and toe, all edges smoothed and polished. The little brass one I found in a London flee market ,great for tight curves, the wood plane I made myself from Knysna Yellow wood with a balau runner. The Large Marples plane was bought in pieces in a junk shop, the grip was in two pieces and it was a real mess. Very good blade and one of the best planes for T Band longboard bottoms. Hmmm wanna see my spokeshaves??

No comments:


Followers

About Me

My photo
Muizenberg, Capetown, South Africa
I have been shaping since '98. It is who i am. Join my facebook page or give me a mail at evenflowsurfboards@yahoo.com and we can hook you up with a slick stick.