Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Speed Dialer for Bryan



This is my version of the legendary "speed dialer" that Rich Pavel designed some years back to so much acclaim. It features my rocket fish nose up front blending into a pulled in Fish tail. The double bumps are blended and positioned in relation to the fins and tail points, not coz they look cool! They are there to add release in turns and narrow the fish tail and help rail to rail transition. Deck has concave and dropped rails. Bottom is rounded V into single within double to deep spiral out the back. Quad setup with custom double foil canard rear fins. SPEED>>>>>>

2 comments:

Jeff said...

AWESOME!

Is there anyway you can post a picture of the bottom contours using a straight edge across the board?

johnB said...

Hey there Jeff. The Bottom contours are pretty complex on this shape. I would have to post at least 5 pics with some pretty good lighting. Sorry man. Anyway the bottom is pretty much rounded V into flat into single into double into feint panel V. Toby will kill me if he finds out!


Followers

About Me

My photo
Muizenberg, Capetown, South Africa
I have been shaping since '98. It is who i am. Join my facebook page or give me a mail at evenflowsurfboards@yahoo.com and we can hook you up with a slick stick.